Juergen and Dietmar came in around 6 pm, and Karma and I left to go home. Karma is home baking some rolls that Juergen can have for lunches, and that we can bring in for Detlef tomorrow. Many people at Karma's work, and Juergen's work have been trying to coordinate meals to allow them more time to spend with Detlef in the hospital. It never ceases to amaze me how many wonderful people there are in the world, no matter where you live.
Juergen talked with some of the medical residents tonight, and they said that if Detlef continues to do well, there is a chance that he could go home from the hospital sometime next week. This will depend on how he feels physically, as well as how his blood work looks like after these 4 days in a row of chemo. Juergen was told that there are a few things that help make Detlef's situation positive. One is how physically fit Detlef is (way to go biking to work instead of driving!), another is how well he seems to be tolerating the chemotherapy so far, and the third is the great family and friend support that he is receiving.
Speaking of family and friend support. . . . Detlef's long time friend Quin (friends since 5th grade), bought a new TV, and brought that with Detlef's play station (games too), to the hospital on Wednesday. I was told that Detlef received that gift with a huge smile! As I was looking through all the games Detlef has, I noticed the game Assassin's Creed. Detlef said that he can't play that very well, and I told him that my son Daniel needed to come and teach him. I have been watching Daniel play that game a lot over the Christmas holidays!
Tomorrow Karma and I are going to try to find some DVD's of the Lord of the Rings series. Detlef is in the mood to watch the extended versions. I love watching those movies, and crocheting at the same time. I can't wait! We will update you tomorrow after we see how Detlef's night goes tonight.
Love to all of our family and friends who lare finding many ways to help Detlef, Karma, Juergen, Dietmar and Jennifer. Know that talking on the phone to everyone who is concerned right now is difficult, so if you can continue to get updates by reading this blog, that would be great. I currently have lost my voice, so calling me doesn't work right now either. After I get my voice back, you can feel free to call me at 801-380-2031, and I would be happy to let you know how things are going.
Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment